The whole world’s only source

If I were a better blogger—nay, if I were a better person—I would have seen the Fafblog interview with John McCain when it was published ‘way back on the 2 of November.  Had I only known that McCain promised Fafblog that he would “rescue America and, and take her for my demon bride,” I would have reconsidered my infatuation with Barack Hussein “The One” al-Obama.  And that would probably have tipped the gates of Hell rural Pennsylvania decisively to McCain, not to mention Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa, Ohio, and Florida.  And also New York, because I grew up there and my blog is hugely influential in the outer boroughs.  Trust me on this one.

I apologize to Fafblog, and to history.

But by the time you read this, Jamie and I will be off on our Latest Adventure:  a trip to Nebraska and South Dakota.  Why do we keep going west, you ask?  Why else?  To undermine Western Civilization!  In the meantime, we leave you with the immortal words of, um, Fafblog:  Oh no! Not Western Civilization! That’s where all my friends live!

1. You’re going to scout out the site and get dimensions for the addition of Obama to Mr. Rushmore, aren’t you?  I think we have to wait until February to announce this part of the Secret Plan, though.  Try to keep it low key.

Ba’al speed to you and Jamie.

2. Mt., of course.  Grr.

3. Oh no! Not Western Civilization! That’s where all my friends live!

Yes, indeed. Tonio K, before he went all Christian.

come on everybody
    get on your feet
    get with the beat
    there’s a brand new dance craze
    sweeping the nation
    and it’s called the funky western civilization

...
    ...

they put jesus on a cross, they put a hole in j.f.k.
    they put hitler in the driver’s seat and looked the other way
    now they’ve got poison in the water and the whole world in a trance
    but just because we’re hypnotized, that don’t mean we can’t dance

we’ve got the funky
    the funky western civilization
    it’s really spunky
    it’s just like summertime vacation
    you just drag your partner through the dirt
    leave him in a world of hurt

4. Isn’t the west in the other direction?  I get confused.

Posted by The Constructivist  on  11/13  at  03:13 PM
  5. Have you planned your trip to ensure 1-2 meals per day at Applebees along the way?

We need more field data for the salad bar project.

e

6. In westernmost Nebraska there loomsCarhenge! Drove 200 extra miles to pay my respects a few years ago, and the pilgrimage was richly rewarding.

7. "I mean Ronald Reagan promised us he’d destroy the government and twenty years later we’re still stuck with a functioning public sewage system.”

I think Fafblog needs to be fact-checked on this one.  I’m not an expert or anything, but every time I watch the news these days, it can all be pretty much be summed up as: “Americans find themselves armpit-deep in shit again today...”

8. Wall Drug Store awaits.

Posted by Hattie  on  11/14  at  12:15 AM
  9. as a great man once told me, success has many fathers.

Posted by skippy  on  11/14  at  01:54 AM
  10. hey...This ain’t arbitrary.
    Kinda fun though.

11. Not knowing how much time and driving opportunities you have, i make these suggestions only if you have seen most of the “usual” SD sites.  I lived and worked in South Dakota for US Senator James Abourezk back in the 1970s (field work for grad school and then i had to keep returning), and touring all of the Great Plains (mostly reservations) i found all sorts of really interesting locales.  My favorites: hiking Bear Butte, driving the road south from Kadoka between Pine Ridge and Rosebud to the White River Valley, the standing petrified forest of Bison, the Sacajewa singing bridge near Mobridge, Cement Ridge and the Harney Peak fire lookout, the sage -woman creek south of Porcupine (near Wounded Knee), the huge white pelican sanctuary near Mission/Martin, the sandhills west of Oglala, and so many more.  Sure there is Wall Drug (awesome spring water) and the Corn Palace, but those are not unlike Mr. Rushmore (as a friend said: “how could anything so boring be so famous?"), and not near as inspiring and awesome as the buffalo herds roaming Custer State Park.

12. Meanwhile Samuel Whathisname has a book coming out December 1 of this very year entitled Joe the Plumber: Fighting for the American Dream, and has become Joe The Forum, Joe The Blogger, and Joe the Online Moneysink:

Isn’t he waaaaay past his 15 minutes?

13. said: “how could anything so boring be so famous?"), and not near as inspiring and awesome as the buffalo herds roaming

Posted by Cheap Evening Dresses  on  04/12  at  07:59 AM