Deep thoughts in deep snow

Conservatives in Hollywood can take some solace in the fact that The Dark Knight offers a ringing endorsement of fascism.  Also, there were some films in 2008 that promoted the heterosexual agenda, and there are still plenty of good roles for older man.  We will not be afraid of the liberal thugs!

In more important news, there’s a crazy good race going on in the Wizbang category of “very large but not really really huge blog,” which just happens to be the category this desultory blog still inhabits, according to Technorati (but what do they know?  They put my authority at 776, and I don’t feel like a 776.  Still, you must respect my etc.) As I write, the top three are:

Jesus’ General 3,583
Pandagon 3,437
Bitch PhD 3,326

The ever-fluctuating margins in this one have been positively Coleman-Frankenesque at times.  The point is that your vote will matter, which is why I’m urging you to head over to Wizbang and vote for . . . uh . . . wait a second, this is kinda hard.  I’ve been the honored guest of the General, I’m an official alumnus of the Pandagon Institute of Very Large Blogging, and two years ago I challenged the indispensable Dr. B to a procrastination contest, the results of which are still not clear.

Well, looks like there’s only one thing to do.  You know the Wizbang rules:  you can vote once a day.  The voting closes at 5 pm Eastern time tomorrow, so we need to act now.  Let’s make sure this category ends in a perfect three-way tie!  It’s only right and just.

1. Is anyone else concerned with the Weblog awards divisions that are starting to look like the NCAA’s way of dividing schools by size, capacity, and the willingness to lose millions of dollars in athletics? Soon, they’ll replace their current voting mechanism with the Webbowl Championship Series formula, which will feature computerized Feats of Strength and ... uh… online polls.

Right. Scratch that argument.

Posted by Sherman Dorn  on  01/12  at  10:58 AM
  2. Do they have a category for blogs with under forty readers a day?

Posted by Bob In Pacifca  on  01/12  at  11:27 AM
  3. I’ve been trying to vote for the esteemed Bitch all morning, but I can’t get onto the site!

4. Sherman, the whole idea is that if we can force a three-way tie in this race, the need for a WCS playoff will become too obvious to ignore.

Which reminds me.  Go Cardinals!

5. At least Batman blew up his surveillance equipment at the end.  Bush is taking his to a gated community in Dallas.

Posted by Lance  on  01/12  at  04:09 PM
  6. I’d vote but the damn blog won’t let me. For an uber-blog it is not very well constructed. Even though you are supporting the wrong avian species in the NFL, I’ll still vote for you if I can.

On other news, looks like a gay bishop, Gene Robinson, will speak at the inauguration to possibly “counter-balance” Mr. Warren.

And finally I will take my turtle question (beast per biblical edict or as like to refer to them “gentle creatures of the swampy areas") directly to the vatican if necessary but had hoped the voices of authority here would speak out.

capcha “example” as in I’m sure Chris Clarke is about to make an example out of me for something I have written.

7. Ah I see....I guess no “write ins”....

captcha “race” as in it’s not a race its a fast adventure.

e.

8. Right.  See, although I am (allegedly) a Very Large Blog, I’m not nominated in the Very Large Blog category, partly (I imagine) because I spent the first nine months of 2008 in a state of suspended animation.

9. whomever you vote for in the very large blog category (and it’s a tough choice), make sure you vote for skippy in the large blog category.

i am in second place, but behind the rightist blog jammie wearing fool.  come on, don’t let the right win the coveted title of best large blog authority between 301 - 500!

Posted by skippy  on  01/12  at  09:56 PM
  10. I was also conflicted in that category.Why is TPM a Liberal blog?

11. What a narcissistic, boring windbag you have become.

Wiz. Bang. indeed.

Posted by heckler  on  01/13  at  11:27 PM
  12. As of now we need more Pandagon votes.  I’m pulling for the three-way since it’d be interesting to, um, watch it happen.

13. Dr. Bitch is a liberal? Nyet, unless one terms it the Clara Petaci style liberal feminism: the de facto code of the unf’ed blog-carnies. Plus Snitch PhD hangs with the J. Edgar Kotzko crowd, aka the Sally Fields school of PoMo.  Clara vs. Sally: dialectic, dewd .

Posted by Dirk McShanksky  on  01/14  at  12:47 PM
  14. 13:  Good to see you’re back, ToS!  Just lay off the ether cocktails and you’ll be OK—or maybe not.

11:  Eh, this is nothing.  You should have seen me before.

15. Heckler is the infamous Deborah Frisch:

Everything you need to know about Dr. Frisch’s online activities, often in her own words!

Posted by gerbil4justice  on  01/14  at  02:01 PM
  16. Also, there were some films in 2008 that promoted the heterosexual agenda, and there are still plenty of good roles for older man.  We will not be afraid of the liberal thugs!

Happened to catch a climatically appropriate showing of Slap Shot on the Retro channel last night.

Heterosexual agenda—check. (OK some homosexual agenda as well)
    Older man/men roles—check.
    Thugs—check.

(Actually, I was mostly struck by what a nice little late ‘70s period piece it now seems.)

17. Please, for the love of Molochmas, never link to Big Hollywood again. I was terrified and deeply saddened by what I read there—even though it’s pretty much run-of-the-mill angry, right-wing hate machine stuff. At least, I was terrified and saddened after I realized that it really wasn’t a parody, as it (captcha word) appeared to be.

18. Why is TPM a Liberal blog?

It’s a news site that reports facts.  And facts… etc.

But does anyone think that we teach conservatarians anything by demonstrating to them that we can click web poll buttons sufficiently well to generate a strong showing in what is constructed to be a right-wing wankfest?  [Gasps for breath.  Fie on commas; fie!]

19. Good as well as interesting post.

Posted by Smith Weil-Sandiego Personal Injury lawyers  on  01/23  at  08:35 AM
  20. Why, thank you, Smith Weil- Sandiego Personal Injury lawyers—if that is your real name.

21. nice post, I hope its every reader will enjoy reading it.

Posted by Marco-Iowapersonalinjurylawyers  on  01/28  at  06:24 AM