Let’s take a closer look at that ass

While I was away, I kept track of the lunacy of US domestic politics, but only sporadically and distractedly, between bites of burrata and sips swigs of chianti.  I didn’t pay the teeniest tiniest bit of attention to the extra extra special lunacy of the wingnut blogosphere until I got back.  And so, even though I alluded to La Althouse’s latest hermeneutic meltdown / exercise in public self-humiliation in the previous comment thread, I actually wasn’t fully aware of Obama’s latest affront to his predecessor’s attempt to restore dignity and honor to the office of the Presidency.  Nor was I aware that this was a gaffe even more devastating than Dijongate.

Sigh.  This whole thing is so tired.  I personally was a week ahead of the game, setting the standard for the public ogling of derrières on July 2.

As JP Stormcrow observed about my vacation videos in yesterday’s thread:

One can’t help but note that the first video was of a car driving through terrain where there well might have been tunnels, and yet no tunnel was entered. The second video had multiple free-standing towers and the third ended with shots of erect stanchions. Need I say more about the thumb?

AND: Yes, I realize that I have been completely unhinged on this subject for years, and I stand by my analysis of the videos.

Fine work, JP!  You win the Chávezian Airspace Distinguished Onion Ring for the Advanced Deconstruction of Visual Culture.  A fine way to start Bastille Day!  Just don’t eat the thing—it’s a symbolical prize, not a snack food.  Have a carrot instead.

And just wait til I post the still photos tomorrow.

1. Thank you. My first clue was when I looked at Italy on a map! I donate all of my winnings to Jessica Valenti, who suffered so we could be free to snark.

2. Richly deserved, JP—no need to thank me.  And wait!  Isn’t Valenti an Italian name?  And don’t you think the peninsula twists itself into the Mediterranean in a most unnatural fashion?

3. Richly deserved

And of course you’re the one who can best judge that.

4. Let’s take a closer look at that ass

...said the editors of the Washington Post as they were searching for someone to write today’s cap-and-trade op-ed.

Isn’t Valenti an Italian name?

Spelled backwards, it’s “Itnelav,” which looks Russian.  A lot of Russian writing looks backwards.  Therefore, Valenti is a Russian name.  QCD.

the public ogling of derrières

Molto derrières, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.  Wait, did I type that part aloud?

5. Barack is unfortunately going to have to answer to a higher authority....

Michelle....

captcha “public” as in.....

6. Seems like just yesterday that I posed for that statue. They gave me a hospital gown that just wouldn’t close in the back. I thought I felt a breeze. It puts the “ass” in embarrassing I tell you.

7. Haha just found this blog on Google and laughed out loud at your sarcasm.  Good stuff keep it up!

Posted by Josh  on  07/14  at  04:23 PM
  8. Josh,

If you don’t spit your coffee onto the computer screen within the first 30 days, Michael is not doing his job.

e.

9. This blog makes even Italian shoe spam do a spit-take.  Hey, where’s my Mercedes Benz spam?

10. Ann Althouse gawks at an ass every time she washes her face or puts on her makeup.

Posted by Randy Paul  on  07/14  at  09:38 PM
  11. Until yesterday I knew nothing of terrains that might have tunnels or even of the possibility of terrains that might have tunnels. Now I see, not tunnels—tunnel-possibility—nearly everywhere I look that is not already a tunnel.

Captcha: both. Thumbs and tunnels.

12. Haha this site is really A-class, especially the two photos of Kilimanjaro.  If you get a chance please visit my website where i share my literary thoughts about young Edmond Dantès and the object of his affections.

13. 11: When correctly viewed, everything is lewd.
    --Tom Lehrer

14. Reading Althouse reminds me of the exchange from “A Fish Called Wanda”:

“How very interesting.  You’re a true vulgarian, aren’t you?”

“You’re the vulgarian, you fuck!”

Next entry: 1993 forever