Just once more, and just for Roy

I used to be a Democrat, but thanks to 9/11, I’m outraged that Barack Hussein al-Obama X is trying to start a race war by slyly alluding to I’m Gonna Git You Sucka.

1. Also, in the spirit of post-racial America I would like to add that it is not really racist to depict Michelle Obama eating ribs all day long, because after all “banshee” is an insult to Antarctican-Americans.

2. The really funny thing is that Josh Marshall built a blog-reporting liberal media empire on the strength of the word “bamboozle” and little else.

Posted by Martin  on  08/06  at  05:51 PM
  3. Well I for one support Michelle Obama’s trip to Spain since, ”It’s only fair that people of color get their taste of the wealth of America, too.”

4. Well, Martin, that’s not really fair, since Josh has been using the word “bamboozled” ever since he wrote Soul On Ice.  Besides, he’s OK with me because his wife doesn’t take her entire entourage to Spain as a form of reparations for slavery.  Thank goodness neo-neocon caught that one too!  She’s a sharp one, she is.  As for Michelle, you’d think she’d have learned by now after bankrupting the country with her snacks at the Waldorf Astoria, but as neo-neo’s commenters point out, she’s just one nasty piece of work.

5. I get that Josh Marshall built a blog-reporting liberal media empire on the word “bamboozle”. I don’t get what’s funny about it.

6. bdb, you’re joking, right?  TPM is a laff riot!  The premier humor site in left blogistan—much funnier than Alicublog, if you ask me.

7. It is all too much; I give up!

8. Indeed it just indicates Barack Hussein al-Obama X’s collectivist statist tribalist (yes, I went there) vision of our free republic that “there’s always work at the post office,” will very soon mean there’s only work at the post office.

Posted by John Protevi  on  08/07  at  12:32 PM
  9. Sock it to me!

10. “there’s always work at the post office,”

Because there is always a job near you.

11. It’s funny because the implication in the linked writings is that “bamboozle” is a terribly uncommon word that must “signal” something, but intelligent people use it as a pungent alternative to “fool” all the time.

Posted by Martin  on  08/07  at  06:44 PM
  12. Oh, great, now Obama is speaking in code to intelligent people.  One outrage just follows another with this guy.  Can we impeach him yet?

13. Can we impeach him yet?

Maybe in the lame duck session.

14. And speaking of Newt, shockingly, it turns out he got some history wrong in his rant against Cordoba House.

15. No Wayans I’m gonna click--

--Oops, already seen it: mea sucka.

16. Wow, that Gingrich quote is amazing even for him.  For those of you who don’t want to click through:

The proposed “Cordoba House” overlooking the World Trade Center site – where a group of jihadists killed over 3000 Americans and destroyed one of our most famous landmarks - is a test of the timidity, passivity and historic ignorance of American elites.  For example, most of them don’t understand that “Cordoba House” is a deliberately insulting term.  It refers to the Chrysler Cordoba, a car made famous by a foreign kind of Mexican man who touted its un-American “Corinthian leather.” [...I]n fact, every Islamist in the world recognizes Cordoba as a symbol of Corinthian leather.  It is a sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way.

You can’t put one over on ol’ Newt, that’s for sure.

17. Affordable luxury.

Da plane. Da plane.

Another cycle of neocon fantasy. No man may be—but Newt’s observations are consistent with one who hasn’t been off the island, ever.

Captcha: march. Sugar plum fairies/faeries.

18. You know, I think Newt’s remarks need wider dissemination.  Over to Crooked Timber with them!

19. The proposed “Cordoba House” overlooking the World Trade Center site

A five story building, two blocks away, magically towers over two blocks of taller buildings to overlook the WTC site.  I am, once again, overwhelmed by the prescient vision of Newt.  And now i must purge my library of all books bound in faux Corinthian leather.

20. Doesn’t Josh get to use bamboozled since he worked with Spike Lee on that movie?

21. Because vis comment on Roy’s post deserves wider circulation, I give you ... Riggsveda:

Egad, my arcane white suburban parents used the word “bamboozle” back in the 50s.  Barely into my knickerbockers at the time, I was, and it used to skeer the bejabbers outta me.  By gum, here we was Africans all the time and the neighbors was never the wiser.

Meanwhile, I thank the Professor for filling in the gaps: Cordoba -> Chrysler -> Government ownership -> Socialism and dhimmitude.  (Though to be fair, Newt is an excellent candidate for being a real dhimmi.)

And how many of our political problems if we somehow convinced enough red-staters that I’m Gonna Git You Sucka wasn’t a documentary?