Hard to believe

Jamie is 19 today.

It is very hard to believe.  Did I say that already?

He’s on Facebook, you know.  Unlike his father, who suffers from acute social-media shyness.  Just saying.

Happy birthday, Jamie!  You are now a high school senior and a senior teenager.

1. Happy Birthday, Jamie! Many happy returns!

Posted by John Protevi  on  09/16  at  09:42 AM
  2. Happy Birthday Jamie! I hope this last year in your teens is a great one for you.

3. Happy birthday from the official AA Blog Commenters and Fans of Jamie Fan Club!

Same here with Facebook shyness. Although I do use Twitter like some sad Jeremy Hillary Boob, making sophomoric one-liners on stuff like this for nobody.

4. Happy Birthday, Jamie!  I looked on Facebook and found 17 different Jamie Berubes, although most were without accents.  I hope you don’t mind but I sent a friend request with birthday well-wishes too.

5. Happy Birthday, Jamie!  And Michael, thanks for the ongoing addenda/updates to Life As We Know It that you’ve provided via this blog.  Much better than J.K. Rowling’s epilogue to HP+DH.

Posted by Gary Oxford  on  09/16  at  01:02 PM
  6. Hau’oli lā hānau, Jaime.  Seems to me it is about time to visit the Islands and celebrate your already amazing life.

7. Happy birthday, Jamie!

And wow, that *is* hard to believe!

Posted by Dr. Virago  on  09/16  at  06:18 PM
  8. Can’t deal with Facebook.  But pass along my happy birthday wishes to Jamie, along with birthday hugs from Maybelle!

Posted by Alison  on  09/16  at  08:57 PM
  9. Happy B’day, Jamie.

10. A very happy birthday, Jamie, with many more to come!

Capcha: “today,” as in, “I hope today was awesome for the whole family!”

Posted by Mr. Trend  on  09/16  at  11:09 PM
  11. And I, too, added Jamie as friend, if he’s so inclined. If not, no worries.

And this captcha is “use,” as in “glad to see Jamie use Facebook, even if his father continues his luddite ways. “

Truly, relevant captchas germane.

12. Happy birthday & best wishes, Jamie!!!!

Posted by Randy Paul  on  09/16  at  11:24 PM
  13. All the best, Jamie, happy birthday!

14. Thanks, everyone!  He’s thrilled to be 19, of course.  But somehow, he’s even more thrilled to be five foot eight, which he almost is.  He’s convinced he will officially hit 5’8” this year, and he’s probably right....

15. Interesting that yesterday was Jamie’s birthday. I was reading about his birth in the first few pages of ‘Life As We Know It’. Actually citing it for my masters thesis ‘Fathers of Children with DS reflect on postnatal support’. I had no idea as to when his birthday was and I haven’t looked at your book in years. Amazing! I was just perusing now and came across your blog. Happy Birthday Jamie!!!
    19! Amazing! How does this happen!?! My son Ulysses (also born with DS) will be 10 years old next week. Wow!

16. Forgot to write above. I was reading about his birth yesterday! On his birthday!

17. Hey, Jamie & I share a birthday!

But I have more than 19.

a lot more

18. Happy birthday to Jamie!  I couldn’t believe this, so I’ve been reading about him for a long time.  Michael, let Jamie know that boys/men (19’s certainly getting into man territory, no?) grow until their early 20s!

And I’ve always known Michael was the shy and retiring type!

19. Way late to the party, but sending Jamie best wishes for another hard to believe year, and speedy attaiment of the big 5’ 8”!

I’m coming at that height from the opposite direction, and only a lot of exercise and stretching activity (captcha) can stop it.  As with Sven, too many birthdays…

Posted by Nell  on  09/19  at  03:25 PM
  20. Happiest of birthdays, Jamie! 19, wow. Hope you had a marvelous day.

21. Oh, and, michael, I can’t see you on fb somehow, but you’d be great at Twitter.

22. Happy Birthday Jamie!
    Bite the bullet, Micheal...facebook is fun!

Posted by Leslie Snickerman  on  09/20  at  10:32 PM
  23. All the best.. wish I had known about it sooner..

Posted by breast cancer treatment in india  on  03/22  at  05:58 AM
  24. I can not see guys sit there & chat about there problems with performance or the size of their dicks. It is just not done. We think we as men are the powerful race

Posted by Corinna-schuetz.ch  on  12/14  at  09:06 AM