Finals exam

Stanley Cup finals begin in five minutes.  The call here is Lightning in six, though personally I’d prefer that the series go seven.

1. Prof. Berube:

Been a fan of yours for a long time (I labored in criticism isssues in the 90s) and am just glad as all get out to see my Lightning show up somewhere in the ponderous-to-enjoyable blogs I read regularly.

I’d like to see Kerry do some forechecking on Bush.

2. I second that emotion, Regina-- but what we really need is a Democrat who can score a killer shorthanded goal like Iginla.  And what the Lightning need is a way of stopping the Flames’ transition game. . . .

(I’m sticking by my prediction, by the way.  The Lightning adjust quickly and the Flames have been abysmal at home.)

3. I have been rooting for the Bolts the whole time and continue to root for them.  But after watching the Flames through the first three rounds, I have to pick the Flames in six.  The Flames knocked of three 100 point teams, three division winners, and are playing the best hockey they’ve played all year.  The Bolts are a high-powered offense, much like the three Calgary beat in the west, so it’s a good matchup for them.

For the record, I picked the Flames in 6 before the series, and still hope the Lightning can pull it out.

Posted by Tucker  on  05/27  at  04:28 AM
  4. While I’d like to see Andreychuk get the ring, I’m not sure that the Bolts can derail Calgary.  Kiprusoff is playing well, and is supported by a consistent cast.  I’m not sure that Tampa Bay have really had to face a team like this yet.  I’m calling Calgary in 7.

Posted by Stephen  on  05/27  at  07:18 AM
  5. and now you have your wish...game six was a sight to behold. i didn’t think i could stay excited about the playoffs after the red wings got knocked out but this is pretty durn good!

Posted by Dr. B.  on  06/06  at  12:32 PM