Happy Thanksgiving Day

We have so much to be thankful for this year!  First there were the indictments of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney this past summer.  Then the Democrats’ massive victories in the House.  And now, of course, Speaker Pelosi’s “Clean Government Initiative,” with its three special House investigations—the Waxman Committee, reviewing the Bush Administration’s manipulation of prewar intelligence; the Evans Committee, conducting hearings on Jack Abramoff and his many friends in the GOP; and the Murtha Committee, looking into Halliburton’s overbilling and fraud in Iraq and the Gulf Coast.  And that’s just for starters!  I’m telling you, it was so smart for the DNC to take my advice on the “Clean Government” thing—it really resonated with voters, especially in the Southwest and California, where we picked up sixteen . . . uh . . . say what?

Oh, right, my mistake.  This is next year’s Thanksgiving post.  Sorry about jumping the gun, everyone.  Never mind!  Have a happy turkey day anyway.

1. If you’re even halfway correct, I’ll happily chip in to send you some turkee next yearsmile

2. I have much to be thankful for this year too, but I won’t brag wink

Posted by WHAK'd  on  11/24  at  03:19 PM
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Thanks Michael for reminding us that we have a lot to look forward to next year.
    But will President Junior pardon all his crooks with the Turkey next year.
    It is nice to know that the GOP overreaching will not pay off in a theocratic quasi-facist state, but Speaker Pelosi.
    I am writing this from my Sister’s house in Speaker Pelosi’s home town of Baltinore.

4. Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by corndog  on  11/24  at  03:51 PM
  5. It’s that picture of Bush getting on the helicopter right after he and Cheney resigned that just made my year.

6. Let us pray for such a holiday when we can give all those criminals the bird.

Grand Jury testimony of Bob Woodward, longtime Washington Post editor, leaked by Rove-ing reporter (humor).

It is posted at: Bob Woodward Tells Grand Jury Who Leaked First
    Bobbing and weaving, a tangled web we do.  Book him, Danno.
    Please keep my identity a secret. Double super Secret.
    Middle-aged, Middle-of-the-road, Mid-Westerner

We can only hope that Fitz doesn’t fizzle.
    I think Mr. Fitzgerald’s motto should be: “If you do a white collar crime then you will serve blue collar time.” Look where he lodged Judith Miller.  A few months in a blue collar jail and she was ready to sing.  Unfortunately, she says she forgot the words

Posted by MnMnM  on  11/25  at  03:45 AM
  7. Yeah, right. You put up posts like this - clear evidence of superior knowledge from beyond space and time - and then you expect us to believe you’re not the Medium Lobster? Very clever, “Michael Berube”, if that is your real name, but not quite clever enough.

I’d love to join in the celebrations with you transatlantic types, but really you should have been here last month, when Tony Blair stepped down and 3 Mech finally started to ship home from Basra… but I’ve said too much.

And weren’t those Venus Express pictures a shock? I don’t know anyone who wasn’t walking around slackjawed when those hit the news in August…

8. Oh, all right already.  I am the Medium Lobster.

But I didn’t talk to Woodward, I swear.

9. Somehow this part of the narrative didn’t get fully channeled; better check w/ Giblets:

“None of this means the Bush nightmare is over, of course; not by the longest shot. This gang will grow ever more vicious as their support crumbles; in fact, it’s a good bet that the worst is yet to come. The Bushists know that they have prison sentences hanging over their heads if they ever lose their grip on power. They will either do “whatever it takes” to keep holding the whip hand—in which case we are in for political and social strife the likes of which America has not seen since the Civil War—or, at the very least, they will make things bad enough that the nation’s power elite will negotiate a settlement, as in Richard Nixon’s day: We won’t prosecute you if you’ll just go away. In any case, it won’t be pleasant.”

10. for what it’s worth, I read the post (admittedly long after I should have turned in for the nite) thinking it was all true and had already taken place, which kind of shows (at least in my case) how much sense it all made. It was a rude awakening to get to the last line and realize it was a futuristic projection - like all those movies where “it’s just a dream” at the end.

11. Hey, Michael, your Hansons got some attention in last week’s Entertainment Weekly (somewhere in the feature on the best sports movies). At last, I know who the hell those bloody men in your photo corner were. (So sue me. I’m a girl. I never saw “Slap Shot.")

Posted by Orange  on  11/26  at  01:42 PM
  12. Hold the presses:  it is all our faults; well John Powers takes the heat for all of us:

“Okay, okay. I admit it. It’s my fault. Lord knows, I’ve tried to pretend that I’m not to blame. After all, I opposed the invasion. I spent years assailing the Bush administration—you know, the people who chose the war. I’ve even spent thousands of dollars in taxes paying for our soldiers in Baghdad and Falluja. How could I be responsible for the mess over there?

I finally faced the cruel truth when President Bush and Vice President Cheney recently lifted their noses from the grindstone—what hours of hard work they put in keeping us safe!—and tackled this question head-on. With customary Kantian rigor, they pointed out something that had never once occurred to me. It is my skepticism, defeatism and invidious “realism”—put simply, my bad attitude—that have been undermining our nation’s mission in Iraq.”

13. You may want to learn that that the cutting edge of culture is not populated by elitist snobs like those lounging about in the salons of central PA, but include real culture samurai like - Summer Redstone and Jeff Koons!
    here

14. Hey, Orange, I’ve seen that movie, and I’m a girl.  Of course my hockey playin’ husband has seen it at least ten times, so I’m not *really* contradicting your point.

15. I was raised in a Canadian household where seeing “Slapshot” was mandatory. While I don’t believe in compulsory film viewing, I do believe every man, woman, and child should see this movie at least once. If nothing else, “Slapshot” is an important cautionary tale about leather leisure suits and the evil that is the mullet.

16. And boys, girls, let’s not forget that Slap Shot was written by Nancy Dowd.

17. Imagine if it had been written by Maureen Dowd.

18. How Feminism Has Ruined Hockey and Made it More Difficult for Me to Get Dates.

19. Slap Shot is flat-out brilliant on the subject of gender, sexual orientation, and a lot of other stuff you might not be expecting in a hockey comedy. Example:
    Paul Newman to Lindsay Crouse (furious young wife of star player): “How come you talk so dirty?”
    Crouse, deadpan: “Because my family has money.”

Posted by rootlesscosmo  on  11/28  at  11:05 AM
  20. Buyu, Medyum, Medyumlar, Cinler, Buyuler, Nazar, Fallar, Yildizname, Hipnoz, Telepati, Reankarnasyon, Horoskop, Yorum, Tarot, Palmistry, Numeroloji, Konusunda Lider Site..!

Posted by buyu  on  12/31  at  10:04 AM