Gone fishin’

Actually I am not going fishing.  I am hiking the Appalachian Trail reading from the Book of Samuel heading off to someplace in Yurrup.  This picture is from last year’s vacation, late August to be exact, when we all went to Rangeley, Maine.  That’s Rangeley Lake, of course.  I am having a deeply spiritual and contemplative moment, pondering the inscrutability of the cosmos, the evanescent changes of the light on the water, and the upcoming Republican National Convention, thinking to myself, “I so hope McCain picks Sarah Palin as his running mate—that’s gonna rock so hard I might have to restart my blog.”

See you all in mid-July sometime.

1. Please do enjoy the pastoral (come on, the captcha is “field") sensations of that region of Yurrup, in which: the beloved rediscover their passion in romance; the young are enriched by centuries of artistic vision and creativity; and of course, a place governed by a sybaritic hedonist.

According to a certain Vidal, the fish just aren’t the same, but the antipasto is to die for.  What does he know.  Oh, and if you fly in an Airbus, sit in the front (there is nothing to worry about, the sensors work fine, but the fuel is all behind you).

2. Wait, Maine is in Europe?  Or are there multiple Mainz?

Anyway, I join with spyder in wishing you the best.

May the Appalachian Trail rise to meet you;
    May the fuel be always at your back.

3. That’s Rangeley Lake, of course.  I am having a deeply spiritual and contemplative moment, pondering the inscrutability of the cosmos, the evanescent changes of the light on the water, the absolute certainty of the subjectivity of all human experience and knowledge, and my recent session in an orgone box.

4. Have a wonderful time, Michal (& Janet & Jamie). See if you can get as relaxed as this version of “Gone Fishin’” by Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby.

captcha: europe

5. Enjoy yourself it’s later than you think
    Enjoy yourself while you’re still in the pink
    The days go by as quickly as a wink
    Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think.

Have a wonderful time!

Posted by Hattie  on  06/30  at  01:37 AM
  6. Is Yurrup somewhere near Patagonia?  Hope you have a great time driving up the coast, ya betcha.

Our jumper cabal will be poised and ready in case some extra juice is needed for a re-restart when you return.

7. The Honduras coup could possibly push Hugo off the featured photo spot upon your return.

e.

8. The Honduras coup could possibly push Hugo off the featured photo spot upon your return.

Nah, apparently the US is “taking Zelaya’s side against democracy” only because Obama and Clinton love Chávez so much.  No, that’s really an argument being made.  Complete with referring to a military coup as “democracy.”

Too bad Ignatieff makes Canada less attractive for relocation.

9. See you all in mid-July sometime.

If the creeks don’t rise.

10. I found this not too ditty ditty today, thinking of your romantic interludes with the lovely Janet on the Yurrup trails, as the year moves into its second half.  Although the captcha is “england (sic)” i feel this tribute to she to whom you owe so much (after that recent film critique) belongs more to Paris or Florence.

w/ hat tip to Bill for reminding me of Louis and Bing which led me to this.

11. Good call on ditching the American Airspace theme professor. Although she did give the general concept one last shout out:

Alaska’s mission - to contribute to America. We’re strategic IN the world as the air crossroads OF the world, as a gatekeeper of the continent. Bold visionaries knew this - Alaska would be part of America’s great destiny.

12. Jeez - last year’s vacation, and she becomes the VP candidate.  This year’s vacation, and she steps down as governor.

What’s your encore next year going to be?

Posted by Mr. Trend  on  07/03  at  08:30 PM
  13. I thought of the same thing, Stormcrow.  A few hours too late, obviously.  Also.

Hmm, first the aforementioned blog re-reformat.  Then, he drops a Palin reference into this very post.  And then he disappears off to “Yurrup,” which it turns out is the name of a village in the Aleutians.  Masterfully done, MB, masterfully done.

14. I’m sorry, it looks like I’ve missed something.  Sarah Palin went to Argentina?

Good lord.  Ensign, Sanford, Palin . . . looks like it’s gonna have to be Norm Coleman in 2012 after all.

15. I’m still not sure how Ensign (who??) made it onto some folks 2012 lists, but as Sarah says, only dead fish swim with the current, or go with the flow, or something…

Posted by Bulworth  on  07/07  at  02:06 PM
  16. So you’ve been fishing as has Ms Palin. hmmm.

I suspect we are going to see shortly that you have invited Sarah to be a co-blogger here with you to provide some balance.

17. The divine Ms P has spoken:

“I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we’ve been charged with and automatically throw them out,”

One senses a brief pause, the catapaults release a barely audible sigh. Propaganda’s future.

Captcha: hot. Duh.

18. That looks so relaxing.  I’m jealous because I’m going to be stuck in the office.  As an attorney, I get the rare treat of staring at briefs and my wall all day, plus I get treated like a greedy pariah.

19. okay, it’s mid-July sometime. Where are you?

captcha: “comes,” as in: “Berube tries and tries to quit blogging, but he always _____ back to the intertubes.”

20. Back home and slowly reacclimating, Shannon.  Will try to have something on Monday--

21. "reacclimating” sure. All day Sunday meetings with new “co-blogger” Sarah Palin no doubt.

22. All day Sunday meetings with new “co-blogger” Sarah Palin no doubt.

Chicka-Wow Chicka-Wow Wow!

23. Well, Elliot, let me go back to a comfortable analogy for me—sports… hockey. I use it because you’re naive if you don’t see the national neutral-zone trap picking away right now: A good forward passes through the trap, protecting the puck, keeping her eye on the net… and she knows exactly when to pass the puck so that the team can WIN. And I’m doing that—keeping our eye on the puck that represents sound priorities—smaller government, energy independence, national security, freedom! And I know when it’s time to pass the puck—for victory.

24. Looks like the summer of ought-nine is one for the record books. Jaime Bérubé burns it up in the swimming pool and Michael Bérubé becomes second dude in his very own blog as Wailin’ Palin puts a hurt on the Demofacist Socialist Left. U betcha’.

25. Take the words of Scotty Bowman. He said, “’Mandy’ ... that’s my favorite song of all time. Man, oh, man.”* we are not skating backwards, we are advancing ass first.

*You could look it up.

26. Wow, loving the two photos you posted.

Next up, building a bridge between the twin peaks of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I forgot about those!

Well, you really need to review the DVD collection.  The relevant sketch is on Disc 3.

Maybe they look good w/ the right outfit?

It was the right outfit; none of their later individual efforts ever quite captured the manic energy of Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

I didn’t like skinny jeans when I first saw them.

Yeah, the fame ruined them.  I remember when Skinny Jeans was the opening act for Moloch’s Miscreants, though, and they rocked the place.

lol

Indeed.

(So, these spam comments are going to be removed, and this comment will become context-free, right?  It will look like incoherent rambling from mds, with no obvious connection to the subject at hand.  Whereupon the joke pretty much writes itself.)

27. Whoa!  I’ll call that a big “Yes.”

28. I’m sorry, mds, were you addressing some imaginary friends?  I didn’t quite catch that.

29. I’m sorry, mds, were you addressing some imaginary friends?

Sigh.  Now I know how Jimmy Stewart’s character felt in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

30. There is obviously a lot more than this. Would you mind telling me how long it took you to gather your content? Please come visit my site massage therapists when you got time.

Posted by massage therapists  on  07/28  at  03:13 AM
  31. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday. Please come visit my site consultant-marketing when you got time.

Posted by consultant-marketing  on  07/28  at  03:14 AM
  32. I agree. Rangeley Lake is a beautiful place. It looks even more exceptional during sunset.

Posted by Lake Resorts  on  12/07  at  10:47 AM