It’ll stick to your ribs

Corexit—it’s what’s for dinner!

(H/t Bill Benzon.  And Jonathan Franzen, white courtesy phone!)

1. That “research” was “conducted” by mere university science faculty. How do we know that it’s true unless it’s been sponsored and vetted by BP?

Posted by Sherman Dorn  on  08/01  at  10:40 AM
  2. NPR’s Science Friday is usually one of the few things I can listen to, but this week’s segment on the oil spill was like something designed by BP (including a correction fromt the stand-in host when one of the scientists said ‘British Petroleum’wink.  After 40 minutes, I couldn’t take it any more, but up to that moment the words ‘Corexit’ or ‘dispersant’ had not been uttered, and 100% of the focus was on oil slicking on the wetlands/land edge.  (Not as bad as expected! Reeds surviving and growing! Woo-hoo!)

Posted by Nell  on  08/01  at  11:01 AM
  3. That’s quite the knowing smiley, there.  I have no idea how I produced it…

Posted by Nell  on  08/01  at  11:02 AM
  4. In the twenty first century it is not enough to shit in one’s back yard, one must then urinate on the steaming pile. Then top it off with PCBs if there are any old transformers handy.

Mmmm… toxic spills.

5. I’m taking the Corexit to brooktrout from the high western mountains, waterfoodwise.

6. Wow, is that what makes the tangy flavor?

Next time I fire up the grill, better run out and get some “match light” shrimp!

7. Corexit: sticks to your ribs, not to the barby?

Best story today is that the dispersants are no more toxic than the oil (crude oil that is).

8. It’s extra special with a yummy melamine sauce.

9. Mmmmmm ... tastes like chicken.  Chicken kiev, to be precise.  Chicken kiev ‘86, to be even more precise.

10. It is quite the knowing smiley.

Posted by addictsilverjewelry  on  09/10  at  02:10 AM