Might as well

say it here, now that I’ve left a comment or two like this in various corners and edges of the Intertubes:

I used to be a Democrat, but after I heard about this sickening scandal, I got really outraged by WPA murals.

For example.

1. I am outraged by the WPA mural at my local post office. The galoshed slaughter-yard man (the “knocker,” they call him) with the sledgehammer awaiting each moo-cow coming down the chute is wearing a Jughead hat. This is slander against our dear, sweet Jughead. Plus, his yellow tank top clearly shows that the knocker has no knockers, and this is patently a case of discrimination against women.

Aptly, my captcha is “works.”

Posted by Orange  on  09/22  at  05:09 PM
  2. Seriously though, the jig is up. The Washington Times has caught someone in the NEA’s communications office asserting that he didn’t organize the call, but they’ve got him dead to rights—he forwarded the e-mail to one of the “Big Holywood” moguls! It’s just a matter of time—the truth will out, and the whole liberal Obamalamaislamofascist house of cards will fall.

It was a great ride while it lasted.

Posted by Imagine if Bush had been caught doing this  on  09/22  at  05:42 PM
  3. Time for a special prosecutor.  There’s no other way to get to the bottom of the NEA-ACORN connection.

4. Oh, for farg’s sake.  Didn’t it take a few months longer for things to reach this level of mendacious horseshit the last time a Democratic interloper dared sit in the Republican Executive Mansion?

Although, at the above WPA link:

Too much Negro subject matter.

Indeed.

5. Orange, I noticed that husky sledge-wielding brute and even with the proximate steer emerging from the chute hoped that somehow the reference was railroad construction/ John Henry. Perhaps laying swamp track to explain the galoshes. Those 30’s artists leave little room for good old 21st century denial.

6. Too much Negro subject matter.

Indeed, this is central to my point.

7. Yes, but in the post-racial society, only racists suspect that recent wingnut rage and hysteria eruptions are triggered by race.

8. So here we are rehashing right wing/conservative hysteria from 20 years ago?  Andres Serrano would be the illegal immigrant desecrating all that is great about the USA, and Jesse Helms’ sick ghost is still haunting the NEA.

9. Andrew Klaven? Say, isn’t that Cliff’s little brother?

Posted by rev.paperboy  on  09/23  at  05:39 AM
  10. The airspace changes and the commenting goes down.  Coincidence?

11. Worse than that is the WPA murals in Coit Tower in San Francisco where the artist(s?) used suggestive placement of book spines to suggest just what Oscar Wilde did with Alfred Douglas.

They weren’t WPA, although they were in the same style from the same time, but the old Palo Alto Clinic Building (socialized medicine of a sort before they chickened out of admitting it) had four small round murals next to entrance door (by Victor Aranoff, as I recall), one of which showed a topless woman being examined by a doctor.  I think I first saw it when I was six years old, and thirty years later I was shocked to hear that there had been a fuss about it.

12. The airspace changes and the commenting goes down.  Coincidence?

Indeed, old Muammar is so Twen Cen.  Slightly more Marxist-inspired populism amongst the teeming masses who are actively being screwed over by the First World is where it’s at.  Here’s hoping this is only a Hugo hiatus.

13. The rail construction of a track is what makes it an aspect of safety. The materials used are important to maintain the rail on tracks an prevent derailment.

Posted by railroad trackwork¬†  on  01/23  at  10:38 AM
  14. The track design of a railroad build is the crucial aspect that should be carefully induced into. A model layout always helps to increase the usability and the safety of the track.

Posted by railroad projects¬†  on  01/23  at  10:39 AM
  15. The essential requirement of track construction is a proper model design. The build is the most essenrial and so are the materials used. It is this which can avoid several rail derailment and prevent accidents.

Posted by track maintenance¬†  on  01/23  at  10:42 AM