Weblog Awards Emergency

We interrupt the highly entertaining but fictional cage match between Michael Bérubé and Ted Haggard to inform you that this blog is locked in a real cage match.  At the moment, the tally in the Wizbang Weblog Awards (All-Important Educationesque Division) is as follows:

IvyGate 839
Michael Bérubé 756
SpunkyHomeSchool 636

No other blog is close.

This is serious business, people.  The outcome of this competition could affect the very existence of this blog.  IvyGate has resorted to the extreme (and possibly illegal) tactic of exhorting their readers to vote for them, and even though SpunkyHomeSchool is a defunct blog, having put up its final post on December 5, its allies are rallying the Christian soldiers against the “elite, secular blogs.” That means IvyGate and me!  (Well, they’re elite and secular, and we’re elite and nuclear.  But still.) So all of you who have been voting for trendy and fashionably-titled blogs like EduWonk and Education Policy Blog and The Education Wonks, please don’t throw away your votes on what are clearly mere “protest” candidates.  “But my conscience tells me to vote for the Education Wonk Blog of Policy Wonks,” you say, “and I have to vote my conscience.” To this I reply, “who are you?  Pinocchio?”

Now, I know some of you have been angered over the past year by my insistence that the We Are All Giant Nuclear Fireball Now Party is the only viable alternative for secular elitists, and I know some of you have broken away to join the Even More Radical Than the Radical Caucus Caucus.  I come before you now, WAAGNFNP cap in hand, to ask for your vote.  Together we can defeat, we must defeat, we will defeat not only the clever twentysomethings of IvyGate but the spunky homeschoolers of SpunkyHomeSchool.  And we will all share in the glory, except of course that I’ll keep most of it for myself.

And remember, the Wizbang Weblog Awards are a wonderful thing.  They take bloggers who have never heard of each other, get them together, and make mortal enemies out of them.  So stop by and support Wizbang—and me—today!

Thank you, and may the Giant Nuclear Fireball bless you.

1. With Celine Dion and Karl Rove at my side, I will swing the vote. Come on all, we can do it.

2. Damn you and your clever banter!  I am almost persuaded to join the dark side, lured away from my beloved Ivy Gate by your wit and determination.  Alas, my alma mater demands I vote with the pretentious Ivy Gate, but know that you, my dear sir, are a close second.  And seriously, we do need to beat the crap out of those homeschool freaks.

3. Someone’s elitist secular trash talk ended up on an opponent’s locker room bulletin board —

Michael Bérubé recently commented on the IvyGate blog saying, “The important thing is that IvyGate and I crush the homeschoolers.”

Irony abounds.

The Rebelution has a more sophisticated GOTV operation —

Vote once a day on every available computer (just don’t exceed the number of people in your family),

Kudos for crafting a procreation-friendly voter eligibility standard.

Posted by black dog barking  on  12/10  at  12:51 PM
  4. I know that those of us who blog on one of the competitors are currently behind, and perhaps it’s because we’re currently talking about standards and disciplinarity on Education Policy Blog, but wait until we come roaring back with my still-in-process multi-thousand-word blog on testing and the status of expertise in society!  We’ll be whuppin’ your tails!

And so apropos, the captha word is “received.”

Posted by Sherman Dorn  on  12/10  at  01:28 PM
  5. Incidentally, I demand a Lani-Guinier-approved voting system to replace this ballot-stuffing technology that obviously Diebold and ES&S created.

We iz being in the middle of wuz being robbed!

Posted by Sherman Dorn  on  12/10  at  01:29 PM
  6. Oh, Gawd.  I just looked at that homeschooling blog.  Why did you link to that without some sort of warning? In her post about some Columbia Journalism students getting busted for cheating in an ethics course, she comes up with this gem:

Christians have chosen the Bible as our standard, believers of other religions have their book as well, but I never could grasp where unbelievers of any sort get their standard of right and wrong.

Is it just me, or could someone who can’t figure out how a person might derive their own ethical standards (y’know, in the absence of the threat of an angry God) maybe benefit from an ethics class herself?

Don’t worry Michael, I’ll vote for you from every available computer (I hear there are a few of those here at the ‘Tute), but I won’t exceed the number of liberal elitists here.

Also, if the rest of you kids would please consider voting for Sadly, No! for best humor blog, that would be swell.  All but one of the other nominees (reasonable conservative Jon Swift) are right-wing sites, and are well and truly not funny.  Unless you consider “Michael Moore is fat” jokes to be an art form.  It would be a sad day if any of those sites were to win, as it would encourage them to continue.

Posted by Marita  on  12/10  at  02:15 PM
  7. Even though I think that Michael is a stinking liberal who can’t even see the glaring internal contradictions in his so-called “liberal internationalism”,

(sorry, I needed to go and throw up right there)

I vote for him. See? It’s easy. And it’s called popular front strategy, people!

8. I both see and embrace the contradictions of my liberal internationalism, and eschew (feh!  I had to engage in some bodily function right there) the parochialism of the Sovereignty Left.  But we’re all fused here in the WAAGNFNP!

So yes, please please vote for Sadly, No! as they battle the Dorito-flecked chuckleheads of IMAO and the scrapple-faced warfloggers of ScrappleFace.  Also, do try to keep the wonderful Jon Swift in fourth.  He’s a conservative, but a principled one.

In the best individual blog competition, James Lileks is leading by an astounding 2-1 margin, apparently because three thousand voters are operating with the belief that this is a “most fatuous blogger” category.  Please stop by and vote for Glenn Greenwald and (my personal fave) Majikthise.

9. I voted for IvyGate, but my vote registered for Michael Berube!  Fraud at the polls!  Did Diebold develop the voting software?

10. I’m glad to see voting for the Wizbang Weblog Awards is paper free.  It’s worked so well for us here in Sarasota.

[Fellow travelers in the Psyuns category too.]

Posted by Kathy Dent  on  12/10  at  03:09 PM
  11. i dunno, i think that this is the time for the old to move over for the new. it’s time to move away from the internet, berube, and like, u kno, have a life. those twenty-somethings will learn in time.

12. Ghost Dog, what is this “life” of which you speak?

13. Hi, Michael, this is a little off-topic, but you may or may not want to sing the following song at the Chris Clarke show trial.  It’s to the tune of Operation Ivy’s “Missionary.” And by “to the tune of,” I mean I barely changed some lines.  And the nice thing about ripping off low-fi punk songs is that if my lines have too many or too few syllables, you just sing them that much more quickly or slowly.  Anyways, here it is.

It’s broken and mended
    I kill and Oaktown Girl will defend it
    Gonna be usin’ nuclear fusion
    To wipe us all off of the map.

On my way to end the world
    On my way to end the world

Got a blog full of irony, it really is first-class
    Got this ongoing feud with some Zod-looking dumb-ass
    Now we gotta throw away the key on this bastard named Clarke
    Who thought my dangeralitude was something at which to snark

It’s broken and mended
    I kill and Oaktown Girl will defend it.
    Gonna be usin’ nuclear fusion
    To wipe us all off of the map.

On my way to end the world
    On my way to end the world

Bérubé!!!

I happen to have two new books, if you get my drift
    Don’t be scared by the scowling ghost head
    They’re fun to read and make great gifts
    The Sokal affair, reader response, Rorty and other pomo champs
    And some angry white kid who loves concentration camps

It’s broken and mended
    I kill and Oaktown Girl will defend it.
    Gonna be usin’ nuclear fusion
    To wipe us all off of the map.

On my way to end the world
    On my way to end the world

On my way to end the world
    On my way to end the world

Always already split, and always already fused…
    The GNF is the means to The End
    The GNF is the means to The End

On my way to end the world
    On my way to end the world…

Posted by Heraclitus  on  12/10  at  03:37 PM
  14. Katherine,
    I watched your lips move while you voted, ascertained your true intention, and registered your vote accordingly.

And let me just say that I admired your voting posture immensely. If you have any of your logic circuit diagrams that are willing to share with me, I would really alot like that.

15. The Weblog voting 24 hour timeclock has been stalled.  This is a travesty and can only be attributed to the folks far over there on the right, who are the most experienced as manipulating electronic voting systems.  Gojira needs to launch a retaliatory strike against them, reducing their numbers and denying their blog nominees (in nearly every category) from increasing their votes at our expense.  There is no such thing as a free republic when those that control it control it (and paid for it, as paid is the captcha clue of the day).

If each of us votes for our ten family members, each and every day, we should be able to demand a recount at the end of the rest of the six days of voting.

16. I see that PoisonIvy is abruptly catching up. I can’t go back and work the industrial military complex until tomorrow, so those of you who can should do so. Let’s persecuate these ivy branches as if they were weeds; leave no stone unturned, root them out! We can’t let them catch up.

17. Edumacational Division Update:

Michael Bérubé 997
    IvyGate 934
    SpunkyHomeSchool 718

Word: force

Question: Is there an opening in the WAAGNFNP for animal control officer?  I’m tired of people’s unleashed dogmas chasing my catechism.

Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya  on  12/10  at  04:41 PM
  18. A MESSAGE FROM THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First, to Heraclitus: Don’t you worry about what Michael sings or doesn’t sing at the Chris Clarke Show Trial. You had just better damn sure re-post that wonderful gem come Show Time. Astaroth is going to be so proud! Your enthusiasm and dedication to the Loyal Prosecution and the prosperity of the WAAGNFNP are praiseworthy indeed.

Second - the WAAGNFNP Credo from the Minister of Offense and Defense has been posted on the CCST Pre-trial thread. It is here at #85 and everyone should stop what they are doing and go read it right now. Then there will be no more denial from the duplicitous doubters or the feeble fence-sitters that this blog and the We Are All Giant Nuclear Fireball Now Party rises above all others.

Comments on the CCST and Credo are most welcome and should continue on that thread. This thread now resumes its previous weblog voting dicussion already in progress.

(You will now all go read the Credo, and you will enjoy it immensely).

Yours in Service,

Oaktown Girl
    Minister of Justice
    WAAGNFNP

Posted by Oaktown Girl  on  12/10  at  05:06 PM
  19. The Ministry of Defense and Offense has discovered that there is a greater urgency to insure the selection and overwhelming victory of the party’s official and most celebrated BlogHost in the 2006 Weblog Awards.  Please vote regularly and often, and do so for all ten members of your family too.  The following was information received from our humintel spies among those with whom we are at war:

From the new Tom DeLay blog’s first post:

I have created this blog in order to provide Americans with a new meeting place where such opinions and viewpoints might be better shared, discussed and debated; a place where conservative and traditionalist Americans might speak truth to power and to one another.

In all honesty, I did not fully realize the impact or potential of the blogosphere until very recently…

According to USNews.com, the site will have a way to “filter out” those with dissenting views.  The WAAGNFNP MoOaD has plans (captcha) implemented to post dissenting views, and promote the GNF.

spyder
    Minister of Offense and Defense

20. Before people like “Prof” Berube sullied American Elysium, when the educational fields were tilled only by the hardy likes of classist Victor David Hanson and Robert Hansen, and even a Horowitz or Leo Strauss (at an urban school), when Yale was Yale and not some refuge for Arkansas horndogs, the spectacle of such a grubby contest would have been unthinkable. I blame C.Wright Mills and Randolph Bourne - who opened the gates to non-legacies as if they could be trusted with the sacred mission.

21. I am dismayed to discover that the home schoolers are catching up, while this blog has still not put any distance between itself and the Ivy leaguers. I understand that some of the WAAGNFNP’s fellow travelers may think that it is not necessary to ensure the objectively correct outcome of this election, “because the GNF makes winners out of all of us, right?”

Nothing could be more misguided. Due to recent political events, we can no longer just passively await the arrival of the GNF - we have to actively work to bring it about. The current vote helps promote this endeavor in manifold ways; most importantly, if we aren’t sufficiently organized to beat a rag-tag band of Harvard alumni and assorted hangers-on, how can we expect to achieve our ultimate goal?

Hence we should all be running (captcha) to all available computers. I want to add a special appeal to all those brave souls affiliated with the MIT - are you gonna let those Harvard guys win?? (Disclaimer: the MoOaD does not endorse fraudulent poll-freeping of any kind.)

christian
    Tribunus Laticlavius, Ministry of Offense and Defense
    WAAGNFNP

22. Christian h:  but the shame of Ivygate is that they aren’t “those Harvard guys” at all--they’re merely Columbia kids!  Much like our leader!

Posted by jacob  on  12/10  at  11:03 PM
  23. Gojira working her way to a full-spectrum attack:

Gojira Green

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/10  at  11:09 PM
  24. but the shame of Ivygate is that they aren’t “those Harvard guys” at all--they’re merely Columbia kids!  Much like our leader!

So they are posers, too? Shouldn’t surprise me…

captcha: “course” as in “staying it is pure folly”

25. “Now, I know some of you have been angered over the past year by my insistence that the We Are All Giant Nuclear Fireball Now Party is the only viable alternative for secular elitists, and I know some of you have broken away to join the Even More Radical Than the Radical Caucus Caucus.”

Tempting. Very tempting. “The Caucus Caucus is what the whole hep world would be doing Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war,” and if that isn’t enough to draw you away from the WAAGNFNP, what is?

26. um hello, Harvard isn’t the only school in the League.  you can’t call someone a “poser” because he isn’t at Harvard.  there are 7 other schools in the Ivy League.  and most of us chose NOT to go to Harvard.  (and for good reason.)

27. Alas, christian, I am affiliated with the MIT as a mere biochemist, and as such lack the computer skills necessary for any of those activities that you do not condone.  I merely have access to a greater-than-average number of computers.

If you need something done with their DNA however, please let me know.  I’m sure we can come to an understanding.

(must now return to thesis-defense preparation activities, such as pacing and twitching)

Posted by Marita  on  12/10  at  11:57 PM
  28. Very clever strategy, trying to turn the IvyGoers against themselves.  Anyone want to throw in dismissive remarks about Penn, Brown, or Dartmouth?

Bad news on the other front, though—Steve Fuller has just endorsed SpunkyHomeSchool.  Something about how the Kuhnian history of science makes it harder for innovative homeschooling pedagogies to break into the mainstream.  I don’t really get it.

29. Ouch. I must have inadvertently hit a nerve. I was not trying to say that Columbia alumni are posers - I was employing a Rovian propaganda trick by making the claim that the IvyGate people are posing as Harvard alumni because I wrongly assumed that’s what they were. As far as Brown is concerned, I defer to the “The road to Rhode Island” episode of Family Guy.

30. And Marita: best of luck with the defense. I am applying for tenure track jobs this year, so pacing and twitching are definitely part of my day wink.

31. I would like to throw in a dismissive remark about Brown. Doesn’t it stink to go to school in a town where the best nightlife is either a mall, or a strip-club? And what is the deal with WASP towns on Sunday mornings? It’s like the owner of the city died and threw away the key.

At least Columbia is located in a real city.

32. “The Caucus Caucus is what the whole hep world would be doing Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war,”

Beautiful, eco2.

Throw in some adrenochrome and I’m right there with you.
    And if I recall correctly, it also provides an opportunity for the ursaphiles amongst us to earn some extra cash.

Can the spunky kids of the WAAGNFNP hold out against the allure of bestiality, extremely dangerous drugs and the smug self-righteousness of lefter-than-thou politics??
    Find out next week on Happy Days, as “the Cunninghams decide to build a family bomb shelter and try to keep it a secret.”

33. Ahem, IvyLady, you make some good points.

But let me explain why I’m supporting Mr. Professor Bérubé.  I’m all for a ‘Big Tent’ Ivy League.  But you’ve got to stake those tent pegs somewhere.  And my tent does not allow for <a href=http://yalebulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/111806aab.html>any knuckle-dragging Cantabs</a>.

And then there’s this nifty WAAGNFPN, which you should (captcha) research

Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya  on  12/11  at  01:38 AM
  34. Shouldn’t the home schoolers be in bed by now?  Something about their surge doesn’t add up.  The Ivywhatsits I can see—they should just be getting going about now.

I seem to remember you blaming your humiliating loss a year ago on our Steve Fuller discussion being too long and serious and all, so I take it the current explosion of complicated levity is a carefully-timed sweeps-week sort of thing.  We’ll see if it works.  And yes, who knows what new knowledge the home-schoolers will come up with, which is maybe while they’re up so late—some sort of blog-linked distributed intelligence which’ll run rings around public ed.

Or not.  I lack the wit and energy to write it up, but I was briefly struck by the WAAGwhatsit possiblities of this
    which both splits and reunites.  Pity you ignored my triangulation advice, Michael, as few blogs take the fulfillment of prophecy as seriously as yours.

Captcha moral, as in the story has none.

35. The Caucus Caucus front organization:

circir

Bill Benzon
    Minister of Visual Propaganda
    WAAGNFNP

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/11  at  04:55 AM
  36. This 8-year old out-spunks the home schoolers, and then some. Provided courtesey of:

cd.jpg ALIGN=BOTTOM WIDTH=420 HEIGHT=420

Click image for free album download.

Bill Benzon
    Minister of Visual Propaganda
    WAAGNFNP

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/11  at  05:15 AM
  37. I seem to remember you blaming your humiliating loss a year ago on our Steve Fuller discussion being too long and serious and all, so I take it the current explosion of complicated levity is a carefully-timed sweeps-week sort of thing.

Actually, Colin, the problem with my humiliating loss last year was that Sadly, No! sneakily switched their blog with mine for a day.  That threw everybody off, even Austin Bay.  And this current explosion of complicated levity is actually a gift from Oaktown Girl and Associates:  it was their idea to stage these cage matches and show trials while I’m busy grading papers.  The dang Wizbang sweeps week is messing with this plan, which is why I’m going to take a few minutes to post something today.

That unschooling post is great, though—it has real triangulatin’ possibilities.  Thanks for that.  And guess what? it actually responds to my closing prophecy in this interview, in which I hail Ivan Illich.

38. Extra! Extra!
    Bérubé Sees Light at End of Tunnel

Tunnel Light

Michael “Stix” Bérubé, doppelgänger twin of Michael “Doc” Bérubé, Paterno Family Professor of Dangeral Studies at Nittany University of the Impossible Arts, has interrupted his mystical journey to The Land That Time Forgot to send this message of hope and encouragment to his brother: “Yo bro! We got it nailed. Solid.”

Mr. Bérube´, what made you take this extraordinary step, this heroic leap if I may say so, to interrupt your mystical journey to The Land That Time Forgot?

You can call me Stix, Howard. I could see that Big Bro - he came out 10 minutes before me, ya know, and he’s got a couple of KG’s on me in the weight department - I could see that The Team needed some encouragement in this here Weblog race, so I decided to show them the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tell me, Stix, didn’t you start your momentous pilgrimage, your pregrination through the jungle, at about the time the finalists were announced? So how’d you find out the competition was in jeopardy?

Well, Howard, Big Bro and I keep in touch through an inter-dimensional many-universes hook-up in the Tubnets. It’s a quantum mechanical thing.

tubenets-400=yelorng

I see. Tell me about your unprecedented Journey, Stix. How’s it going?

It’s going pretty good Howard, though I’m in a bit of a jam right now. Those King Cobras were tough, but I threw some lambada moves on them and that faked them out. Right now I’m stuck playing a gig in Wackyland.

Wacky Berube

Didn’t Porky Pig, the intrepid explorer, journey there in 1938 in search of the Do-Do? If I’m not mistaken, that was in a classic Bob Clampett Warner Brothers cartoon. How’d you get mixed up in that.

Well, I musta’ hit the wrong key when I made the inter-dimensional shift. But, I tell you Howard, it’s been a gas. The cats in here can really dance. I figure I’ll finish the gig, slip into the Sunless Sea, and continue on the journey.

What do you think Doc’s chances?

Well, I think they’re pretty good. He is a Bérubé and certified mystical wackjob hero and all, but he does tend to showboat a bit. I mean, it’s tough enough going up against the Ivies, but Haggard too? Come on Big Bro, isn’t one galactic battle at a time enough for you? But I’ll see if I can give you a little help coming down to the wire with the Ivies.

Show of Force

What about this WAAGNFNP thing, Stix? Your journey is on the WAAGNFNP dime and Doc is the leader of the pack Party, is he not?

It’s a dopplegänger thing, Howard. It’s both of us. We’re a dual unity, proton and neutron, nucleus and shell, matter and anti-matter, Tweedlum and Tweedledee, ding and dong. Why, back there just a second ago, when I was sayin’ “It’s a dopplegänger thing, Howard. It’s both of us. We’re a dual unity, proton and neutron, nucleus and shell, matter and anti-matter,” that was Big Bro talkin’, and then it was me with “Tweedlum and Tweedledee, ding and dong” and NOW, damfino! Maybe one of those logicians over at The Valve can untangle it. Or maybe Walter Benn Michaels, he’s big on this identity thing. I tell you, Howard, inter-ontological identi-mystical phase-shifting’s a bitch!

I see. It reminds me of the great Muhammed Ali. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” Sometimes the hand is quicker than the mind in this great game of mystical prestidigitation we call Life.

Bill Benzon
    Minister of Visual Propaganda
    WAAGNFNP

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/11  at  09:48 AM
  39. I blegged for you, Mr. Professor.

(Captcha: you)

I also hit reload until I got a captcha I considered acceptable.  Is this ethical?

Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya  on  12/12  at  02:54 AM
  40. Perfectly ethical. It’s a way of opening up a dialog with the machine.

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  05:53 AM
  41. The Ivies are feeling the heat:

Truth be told, this Berube guy is starting to grow on us. He plays hockey. His list of sworn enemies includes David Horowitz (read some choice parry-thrust here). And he tells off insane commenters on our own blog. Who knows what he’s like in the classroom, but online, he seems like a stand-up guy.

Which is by no means to suggest he deserves to win. Given his numbers, Berube must have armies hitting up every computer lab, wireless hub, and Apple Store in the state of Pennsylvania. No doubt his American lit students are hacking the Weblog Awards mainframe as we speak. Meanwhile, our silence has cost us: about the only difference we can detect between voting on Sunday (when we were down 50) and Monday (500) is that we haven’t written a GOTV update. So damn propriety, screw bloggish indifference, and to hell with this Penn State charmer!

Vote! And don’t stop voting until you see Michael Berube’s willowy concession speech atop his blog! Although: Whatever happens with Berube, we’ll bite the suicide capsule before we let the homeschoolers take the trophy.

Between the efforts of WAAGNFNP partisans, wannabes, factionalists, and sworn foes AND the norquist particles Gojira’s be shooting into the Ivy webicles, our efforts have been working. But remember, we must win by a factor of three, a 3tops victory will be ours.

Yo Pat Riley, our 3beat will trump your three-peat. So sue us for using your word, but do it fast so the PR’ll pump up the vote.

Bill Benzon
    Minister of Visual Propaganda
    WAAGNFNP

captch: “under” as in “plow ‘em under”

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  06:06 AM
  42. Bérubé 2089
    IvyGate 1638
    SpunkyHomeSchool 1590

We’re ahead, but Spunky may well pass Ivy. If so . . .

captcha: “firm”—ain’t nothin’ firm about this race

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  11:44 AM
  43. Bérubé 2116
    IvyGate 1670
    SpunkyHomeSchool 1670

captcha: “natural”—what’s that?

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  12:46 PM
  44. Bérubé 2118
    SpunkyHomeSchool 1679
    IvyGate 1670

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  12:51 PM
  45. The home schoolers are all sitting at home furiously voting while the elitists work. There’s at least three 24 hour periods left - all loyal party members, fellow-travelers and assorted bribed people need to keep pushing.

46. star-wars-obi-wan-caption-generator.php.jpg

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  04:15 PM
  47. They trail me by about 360 votes now.  At this rate they’ll catch up late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.  I can feel another emergency post coming on. . . .

48. Yeah, those Spunksters are coming up apace. Can you get Stix to mess with their karma-juju-mana in the Other Place?

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  05:28 PM
  49. Well, on Monday (the day Ivygate really fell off the pace) I happened to travel to Stamford CN, which by my reckoning is close to the physical, emotional and intellectual center of the Ivy League. I spent the day “not thinking” about the Educational Weblog Awards very long, hard and deeply, and by doing so I figure I created such a powerful vacuum in the “thinking about Educational Weblog aether” that it sucked up hundreds of potential votes for Ivygate.

So, I volunteer for a taxpayer-funded junket to Detroit tomorrow to do the same for the Spunksters (and not just get me out of back-to-back soul-sucking meetings tomorrow that run from 6:30AM(!!) to 5:00PM.)

50. bart-simpson-generator.php.gif

Posted by Bill Benzon  on  12/12  at  08:39 PM
  51. Bérubé 2383
    IvyGate 1865
    SpunkyHomeSchool 2002

I noticed T-Bogg was promoting teh MOoderate Voice over Ann Altmouse, so I <a href=http://www.haloscan.com/comments/tbogg/116595188965408200/?a=35410#52732>seized the moment</a>.

Turnabout is fair play, thou must taketh thyself to <a href=http://2006.weblogawards.org/2006/12/best_centrist_blog.php>the Best Centrist Bloguespot</a>, and vote no the Mouse.

captcha: increase </i>!!! the margin...I’m not suggestin’ Bérubian marching powder or nothing like that, though.</i>

Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya  on  12/12  at  09:45 PM
  52. What happened to my italix americans? *sniff*

Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya  on  12/12  at  09:46 PM

Next entry: Showtime!

Previous entry: Cage Match!!!