Saturday, January 07, 2006
Four things meme and football
Tagged by a blogger improbably named Kinesthesis Breakthrough.
Four Jobs You’ve Had
1. Foot messenger
2. Restaurant cleaner
3. Pizza delivery guy
4. Legal proofreader/ word processor
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
2. Spinal Tap
3. Memento (that’s a joke, son)
4. Mulholland Drive (no, not King Kong—the other Naomi Watts meta-movie)
Four Places You’ve Lived
1. Flushing, Queens
2. Silver Spring, Maryland
3. Charlottesville, Virginia
4. Champaign, Illinois
Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. I do not know what a “TV show” is. Does hockey count?
2. Oh yeah, The Daily Show
Four Places You’ve Been on Vacation
1. Seillans, France
2. Siena, Italy
3. Rangeley, Maine
4. Rodanthe, North Carolina
Four Blogs You Visit Daily
3. The Poor Man
4. Kevin Drum (Political Animal)
Four of Your Favorite Foods
1. Grilled Ahi, very rare
2. Sausage and Peppers
3. Lobster rolls
4. New Haven pizza. Modern, Sally’s, or Pepe’s.
Four Places You’d Rather Be
1. New York
4. Under the sea in an octopus’s garden in the shade
Four Albums You Can’t Live Without
1. This Year’s Model – Elvis Costello
2. It’s a Shame About Ray – Lemonheads
3. (About two-thirds of) Mingus Ah Um – Charles Mingus
4. Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks – Brian Eno
Four Vehicles You’ve Owned
1. 1998 Subaru Outback, 2000- ?
2. 1990 Mercury Tracer wagon, 1991-2000
3. 1975 Ford Grenada, 1987-88
4. Used moped purchased in August 1984 and stolen in October 1984
1. Quod She
2. Lance Mannion
3. Gavin M.
4. Shakes’s Sis
My apologies if any of you have already been tagged, like, in the past eight months.
As for football: sorry I didn’t get around to posting my predictions for the Orange and Rose Bowls. Anyway, I predict that both games will be decided by 3 points; that Penn State will prevail in triple overtime after narrowly missing a great chance to dispose of the Seminoles in regulation (congrats to JoePa and the crew for a spectacular year); and that Texas will come back from a double-digit deficit to pull off a stunning upset of the University of Screenwriting and Cinematography. You would have heard it here first—if not for all that pesky MLA stuff.
In the pros: Bucs over Vile Racist Slurs by 10; Jags over Patriots (please oh please) by 4; Panthers, alas, over Giants by 6; Bengals over Steelers in OT.
And oh yeah, today’s my second blogging anniversary.