Monday, June 27, 2005
Rove Republicans prepare for war
A twelve-step program
1. Deploy 101st Fighting Keyboarders
2. Cut taxes for the $300,000-and-up income bracket
3. Tell citizens to continue shopping
4. Cut taxes on capital gains
5. Begin “fixing” intelligence and facts
6. Undermine Secretary of State with humiliating U.N. presentation
7. Repeal estate tax
8. Alienate remaining international allies
9. Distribute magnetic “support the troops” ribbons
10. Prepare U.S.S. Lincoln for critical photo op
11. Dispatch preparatory rose-petal-cleanup detail for Baghdad, Mosul, Basra, Najaf, Fallujah, etc.
and finally, most important:
UPDATE: Apparently, some liberals are indeed blameworthy. Adam Kotsko explains how he’s been undermining the war effort.
Fie on you, Adam. Fie.